What to do in a Car Accident?
Print this page and keep in your car's glove box
- In case of accident, IMMEDIATELY:
- Find out if everyone is not hurt.
- DO NOT MOVE THE VEHICLE unless it is not safe.
- Proceed to a safe area such as a service station or well-lit parking lot.
- Motion for the other driver to do the same.
- Conceal and secure any valuables before exiting your vehicle. Take your keys and any personal belongings with you.
- Write down the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all persons involved and all witnesses.
- Also write down their vehicle description including the license plate.
- Take pictures with you cell phone or camera.
- Call the police in every case, especially if there are injuries, if traffic is obstructed, or if the other driver appears intoxicated.
- If there are no injuries, move the vehicles to the curb if possible.
- Notify your insurance company.
Keep the following information always with you:
• Insured By:_________
• Policy No.:__________
Preventive measures to AVOID an accident
- Always keep a safe distance from the car in front of you.
- Increase this distance during rainy or foggy conditions.
- Allow rude or impatient drivers to pass.
- Stay clear of weaving or reckless drivers, and avoid passing them if possible.
- Do not react to a driver who has become hostile.
- Avoid making eye contact or gesturing.
REMEMBER TO ALWAYS BUCKLE UP AND DRIVE SAFELY!
Schock’s Auto Body, Inc. family owned and independent since 1967
345 Ferry Blvd, Stratford, CT 06615 (203) 377-5638